The Fit Life, LLC

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Namaste!


I have quite an adventure coming up.

I will be traveling to Kerala, India with my mother (a yoga instructor) to participate in a 10-day yoga retreat. I'm pretty excited about the opportunity--both to see India, and to see if I can find my inner Yogi. And I'm really interested in the Ayurvedic nutrition classes. But I'm a little nervous too...because I don't do yoga.

I've tried yoga on several occasions. And in theory, I know it's good for me.  But I have trouble getting through the classes because I'm just not a calm person. If my body isn't going (and it often is), my mind is going. They are never both at rest (even in sleep I have wild dreams and bouts of insomnia).  So starting everyday with two hours of yoga and meditation is a little intimidating to me (even if it is right on the Arabian Sea).

BUT, I have about five months to prepare. So I've decided I better start taking some yoga classes so I know what I'm doing! Luckily, I work at a Rec. Center and have access to plenty of yoga classes. So next week, I will start taking a yoga class once a week.

Yoga is out of my comfort zone, so it will be good for me. It's always good to get out of your comfort zone now and then. Plus, it's great strength training. And I'm guessing it will provide me with material for a few blog posts.

So I will keep you posted as this journey into yoga continues. And, of course, I will blog about India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the owner of The Fit Life, LLC. The Fit Life, LLC offers fitness instruction and nutrition counseling in a holistic way. I focus on personal training using mainly your own body strength--very little equipment. I also hold a certification in holistic nutrition. Because nutrition counseling regulations are very strict in Ohio, I'm still working on what nutrition services I can provide to my clients; however, I'm happy to provide general nutrition information. I enjoy teaching TRX, Indoor Cycling, and Boot Camps.

Followers